Monday 19 October 2009

Covert Candy


I looked in my wardrobe last week and suddenly realised I’ve become a statistic. Like the vast majority of women, I wear about 20 per cent of the ridiculous amount of clothes that I own. Like many people I have been meaning to eBay these items or head down to Brick Lane to sell them since I can remember, but I still haven’t got round to it.


The problem is I can be incredibly lazy (and generally hung-over) on a Sunday, therefore the last thing I am inspired to do is get up at 6am to sell my stuff on Brick Lane. So when I discovered Covert Candy I was mildly ecstatic to say the least. Covert Candy is essentially an online swap shop that allows you to swap your clothes for online credits. The idea being you use those credits to purchase clothing from the site at a later date, or even in a few months time if nothing immediately tickles your fancy (pretty neat hey?)


For me this is a fantastic idea, as I have checked out item to item clothes swaps online, and found them slightly impractical, (what are the chances that you and another person are going to want each other’s exact items?) so this way you can gain credit from your old clothes today and purchase brand new ones, for free later.


Plus I love the fact it’s such a good way to make use of those old garms. I feel sad every time I open my wardrobe and see my once favourite All Saints dress hanging up and looking incredibly lonely. (I’m a bad owner so I’m definitely sending that dress to a new home) Also if more of us fashion savvy souls get involved, then the vaster (and of course cooler) the selection of clothes will be. So what are you waiting for? I’ve gained 25 credits today and I’ve already seen a dress and a pair of shoes I need... So get

swapping!




No comments:

Post a Comment